Update for Xbox Music app (Windows Phone) coming next week. Here’s some details.
A new post by the Xbox Music team outlines some details around an update to the Xbox Music app for Windows Phone. Many in the community have found the current iteration of the app to be lackluster, at best. Seems that the team is ready to start making that app a worthy inclusion into Windows Phone 8.1, which has generally received praise.
So what can you expect. Here’s their rundown:
Here is what’s coming in WP8.1 Xbox Music application update week of April 22nd.
- Numerous stability fixes, including many of the reported black screens
- Cortana integration is complete and now supports playing playlists by name
- UI polish to improve animations and transitions between UI views
- Improved messaging for encountered errors, such as unplayable content in collections
- Background initial sync of local and cloud content
What more to expect in the coming releases?
Based on initial feedback we have received through developer preview forums, we continue to prioritize features you are asking for and issues impacting your experiences. Things you can expect to see over the next few bi-weekly releases include:
- Continued focus on Stability and Performance
- Live Tile integration
- Quickplay improvements, including “recent” lists
- Kids Corner Support
- UX improvements (Search result grouping, creating new Radio Stations, improved Network status messages, Blue UI language alignment, now playing improvements and more)